This policy applies to you if you are a visitor to our website, an Employee or prospective Employee, a Contractor or a Business Partner of ECS. It explains how ECS obtains and uses personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act 4 of 2013). Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to a person or Data Subject – for example name, age, gender, ID number, contact details, job title, etc.
ECS shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of website users, staff, and all who deal with the company. Any personal information collected will be used only for the purposes for which it was collected. Any information supplied to ECS will be treated as confidential, and ECS will not disclose information unless legally required to do so. No information will be transferred to a third party without the explicit consent of the Data Subject unless legally obliged to do so.
Sources of Personal Information:
- Directly from a person applying for employment or providing services to ECS
- From enquiries sent to our website
- From Customers using ECS’s services
- From Contractors/Business Partners
- From public registers/credit bureaus/law enforcement agencies/educational institutions and any other organisation from which ECS may acquire information
- From people and entities employed by ECS to provide services to ECS which may be legally entitled to provide ECS with personal information
Personal Information is required:
- To comply with laws authorising or requiring such processing, including (but not limited to) the Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997; the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995; the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998; the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, the income Tax Act 58 of 1962 and the VAT Act 89 of 1991
- To employ the person
- To remunerate the person
- To admit the person to the Pension Fund and Medical Aid, etc.
- To conduct criminal, credit, employment reference, social media and other related reference checks
- To provide value-added services such as HR administration, training, performance reviews, talent management and other reasons related to the management of Employees/Contractors/Business Partners
- For performance of a contractual relationship
- For security and fraud prevention activities
Storage of Personal Information
ECS has put extensive measures in place in order to secure its IT network and systems, and commits to storing personal information:
- Securely and safely according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure privacy and confidentiality
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, unless retention is required by law or contractual obligation or otherwise required by ECS for lawful purposes related to its functions and activities
- With the Data Subject’s consent
After which it will be deleted or disposed of as per ECS’s Retention of Records Policy.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
A Data Subject has the following rights to the personal information collected, processed and stored by ECS:
- The right to ask where the information is stored
- The right of access to, right to rectify, right to update the information collected
- The right to object to the processing of the information, in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained
- The right to request ECS to no longer process the information should it not be required for business purposes or by law
When you visit our website or view our services online, we or an authorized third party may send you a cookie. Cookies are small text files that may be placed on your device. When a website is accessed, a cookie that is placed on a device will send information to the party that has placed the cookie. Cookies are common and used most websites. Each cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the’ lifetime’ of the cookie and usually the IP address or another unique number of the device, and thus may contain personal data, ie. information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.